Full Stack Engineer
We are an aggressive, entrepreneurial software company building the premiere services platform for the Health-Wellness industry is looking for a versatile, experienced Full Stack Engineer with 7-10 years experience developing large scale computing environments. You’ll be part of a small, experienced team of highly talented full stack engineers that are building a set of APIs dedicated to Health-Wellness services as well as the client applications that will consume the API services.
You’ll be working soup to nuts under test driven development and automated continuous build processes to deliver world class platform services to a growing market.
You’ll be having tons of fun!
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- 7+ years of overall development experience and industry standards.
- Solid understanding and experience implementing software design patterns.
- Experience with Agile/scrum development processes and methodologies.
- Experience working with REST, web services and microservices.
- Experience programming and debugging with NodeJS, ECMA 6, NoSQL and SQL databases.
- Experience using automated deployment tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet for provisioning AWS products and services.
- You need to embrace DevOps and understand the concept of environment as code .
- Clear hands on understanding of messaging architectures appropriate to a variety of distributed computing scenarios.
- Creating automated test suites and ensuring quality in your code.
- Must demonstrate flexibility for work hours to meet important customer deliverables and project deadlines.
- Good collaboration skills and be able to communicate clearly and efficiently particularly around idea development and code reviews.
Additional Skills and Experience:
Front end: CSS, SCSS, HTML, Bootstrap, Responsive Design, jQuery, Promises, d3/nvd3, Lodash/Underscore, ExpressJS/MySQL.
Back end: Promises, Swagger, AWS Products (EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Autoscaling Group), MongoDB, Express.
We pay special attention to open source contributors on GitHub and NPM.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment, along with Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket, Slack, and Git.
- Strong writing and technical communication skills.
- Heroic get-it- done attitude; collaborates well with team members and can take ownership.
- Reliable and have a positive attitude.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle working on multiple projects or tasks and keep them all under control.
- A desire to learn.
- Passionate about technology and using it to help solve business issues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
This role will require and must have the ability to travel to Los Angeles as needed and frequently. This position requires the ability to work, adapt and evolve in a fast-paced environment, often working under tight deadlines, and changing requirements, dedication, flexibility, quick thinking, good decision making, and a high sense of urgency are critical traits for this role.
Description of duties:
- Design and implement software to test SDK that has been written mainly in C++.
- Design and implement software to test applications (or services) that have been written mainly in Node.js.
- Analyze and convert requirements into user stories and test scenarios.
- Write code to automate testing of new functionalities and services using existing architecture, test framework and continuous delivery pipeline.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to define and agree on test scope, strategy and production simulation.
- Design and develop test for availability, reliability, performance, security, etc.
- Promote and drive sound engineering practices and software quality.
- Provide troubleshooting for build errors or issues reported by SDK customers.
- Work with testing tools, build/release automation and Continuous Delivery.
- 5+ years of progressive, professional experience working as test engineer.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited university.
- Passionate about software testing with the key ability to think critically to identify software breaking issues.
- Experience with UI automated testing framework and tools.
- Tested and released at least one Web and/or PC and/or app with cloud services interactions product to market.
- Proven ownership of test projects, designing test approaches, documenting and regressing bugs, and executing test passes.
- Willingness to work a team and can work in a fluid, highly collaborative environment.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed and require minimal supervision.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience with C++ and Java language and related tooling (e.g. compilers, cross platform, etc).
- Experience writing tests and automation for Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Knowledge and experience designing tests, defining test scope and identifying functional and none functional testing (e.g. performance, availability, stability, security, environment, etc).
- Experience with RESTful API and web services is strongly desired.
- Experience with Bamboo and/or Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking software.
- Experience with Confluence.
- Experience with Fabric, TestRail or similar test case tracking software.
- Agile team experience.
- Time-estimation skills for setting management expectations are strongly desired.
- Strongly desired that candidate can demonstrate a passion for software Quality Assurance and testing automation with real-world project citations.
- Experience with Amazon AWS platform a plus.
- Job Type: Full-time.
How to Apply:
To apply for a position, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line and cover letter. Thank you.
Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates’ information will be kept confidential, and will only be shared with h2’s hiring team.